M.Pharm Admission Requirements
Admission to the Graduate School is based on academic qualifications as shown in Table below. Prospective students can find information on application procedures as well as a link to the application at the college web site at www.dpc.edu.Inquiries concerning particular degree programs or courses of instruction should be addressed to the graduate program director or to the dean.
|Entry requirement||B Pharm|
|Other qualifications accepted||---|
|Minimum average % of marks||CGPA of 3 on a scale of 4.0, or its equivalent|
|English language proficiency requirement|| |
• Internet Based Test (IBT) TOEFL 79 out of 120
|Entry eligibility||Passing interview|
Applications are initially reviewed by the college and applicant will be called for an interview. Final decisions rest with the college, which, after considering the recommendation of the department concerned, will notify the applicant of the decision.
A student with a recognized baccalaureate degree with a grade point average below 3.00 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent may be admitted conditionally to the Masters program. Such a student must meet the following requirements during the period of conditional admission or be subject to dismissal:
- may take a maximum of nine credit hours in the first semester of study
- must achieve an overall grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale in the first nine credit hours for the Masters program
Dubai Pharmacy College (DPC) accepts transfer of students from accredited College with a curriculum that is comparable to that offered at DPC. The transfer of students is not allowed after second semester. The following are the necessary conditions for transfer to the DPC from other pharmacy colleges:
- Students must meet the English language proficiency requirements such as minimum TOEFL score of (79 IBT) or 6.0 in IELTS.
- DPC requires applicants to submit their transcripts for evaluation of transferable subjects /teaching hours from previous college experiences. The student must provide a letter of application to the Dean of the College specifying reason(s) for requesting transfer and desired date of transfer.
- All applicants must provide conduct certificates from the Pharmacy College where they are currently enrolled. No student who has been dismissed from any Pharmacy College will be eligible for transfer to DPC.
- The student transferring from another accredited college must be in a good academic standing (CGPA of 3 on a scale of 4.0, or its equivalent) in BPharm.
- The student must have earned a grade of "B" or better in the course. No more than six credit hours of graduate work may be transferred from another institution. The courses must be graduate level and have been taken for graduate credit at the accredited institution.
- The final decision for approval of transfer will be made by the Dean after review of the transfer request.
The following documents should be submitted along with the application form. The original certificates is to be brought in person by the applicant at the time of interview.
- Attested BPharm degree.
- Mark-sheet of the examination passed
- Six passport size color photographs.
- Birth certificate.
- Character certificate from the Head of the institution last attended.
- Copy of the passport and resident visa (for expatriate students only).
- Medical certificate.
- Required result of TOEFL/ IELTS/any standardized exams as prescribed by the MoHESR (conditional admission, if not passing the acceptance score)
- Copy of UAE National ID.
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
Graduate Student Readmission:
Students returning from a Leave of Absence will need to fill out a readmission form available in theDean’s office.
Deadline for Readmission:
Readmission form must be submitted on or before the start of the term/semester.
Students returning from a Leave of Absence who have a tuition balance are subject to the rules regarding overdue tuition balances in place at that time. After one year, students will have to re-apply for admission.
Leave of Absence:
Students in good standing may request a Leave of Absence. A leave of absence allows a student to return to the same semester at any registration period for up to one year from the start of the leave without the necessity of re-applying but should fill in the Leave of Absence form. Students on scholarship who are in good academic standing will retain their award when returning to the College from a leave of absence not more than one year. The forms for readmission are available in the Dean’s office.
Add/Drop/Withdrawal from Courses
As DPC strictly adheres to the time-table schedule, the graduate students cannot add or drop any regular courses allotted for each semester.
Up to the end of the 10th week of a semester, students may choose to withdraw from a course without academic penalty; however, a grade of W will appear on the student’s transcript. Students may officially withdraw from a course up to the end of the 10th week of the semester. After the 10th week, withdrawals are no longer permitted, except by special permission of the Dean. A withdrawal form must be signed by the Dean.Note: All withdrawals from course(s) after the fourth week of the term are noted with a grade "W" onthe transcript.