1. Admission Process/ dates and end:
- Advertisements for admission at DPCG is placed through appropriate channels.
- The date of receipt of application will start from spring semester (previous academic year) and end in September (new academic year), while the transfer students the date of application will start in the beginning of fall semester and in the beginning of spring semester. The applicant may apply by filling in an application form available on the website or directly through the admission office.
- Screening of the applicants will be done by the admission office as per the criteria of eligibility specified by the Ministry. The applicants who are eligible are asked to fill in the prescribed application forms. Candidates who are sponsored by grant are also required to fill in the application forms.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview, when they will have the chance to meet current students, tour the College premises and see facilities and discuss with the academic staff the content and career options offered.
- Students successful in the interview and who have met all the requirements are enrolled into the program after making the necessary payments.
- Those accepting confirmation offers will be sent joining instructions, transportation and accommodation details.
- Detailed information on the courses and timetable are available on arrival for the introductory program.
2. Undergraduate Admission RequirementsAdmission Requirements for B.Pharm Program (AY 2023-24):
|A.||The applicant must complete a minimum of 12 years of school education.|
|B.||The applicant must pass any one of the following English Language Proficiency Tests with a minimum score as follows:
|C.||Valid English Proficiency Score is mandatory before admission.|
|D.||According to the educational systems the percentages will be as follow:
The admission committee must apply any of the following choices according to the applicant’s case.
|F.||The Interview Process.
3. Recognition of Prior Learning/ Transfer students
- The College also welcomes applications from candidates studying with other educational institutions in Diploma in Pharmacy/BPharm programs/Science/Dentist/Medicine who wish to transfer to DPCG. It may be possible to grant exemption from the earlier part of the degree course in recognition of a candidate’s success in her previous course of study. The following are the necessary conditions for transfer to the DPCG:
- Dubai Pharmacy College for Girls (DPCG) accepts transfer of students from accredited College with a curriculum that is comparable to that offered at DPCG.
- The student must provide a letter of application to the Dean of the College specifying reason (s) for requesting transfer and desired date of transfer.
- Dubai Pharmacy College requires applicants to submit their transcripts for evaluation of transferable subjects /teaching hours from previous College experiences.
- No student who has been dismissed from any institute will be eligible for transfer to DPCG.
- All applicants must provide conduct certificates from the institute where they are currently enrolled.
- Student applying for transfer to DPCG must study more than 60% of the syllabus of B. Pharm at DPCG.
- All applicants should contact the Dean’s office to inquire about having their transcripts reviewed.
- The final decision for approval of transfer will be made by the Dean after review of the transfer request by the Chief Academic Office of the College and the admission committee.
- Transfer of students is not allowed after the second year.
- Before considering any application for transfer, the existence of an appropriate seat for the student should be considered.
- The faculty member should equate the transferred students in the Course Equivalency Form for Transfer Students.
Transfer admission policies for BPharm
- Students must meet the English language proficiency requirements as set by the Ministry of Higher Education- Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
- The student transferring from another accredited college must be in a good academic standing (a minimum CGPA of 2.0, C grade, on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
- Before attending Dubai Pharmacy College, attested records from the previous College and higher secondary school should be submitted to Head Enrollment and Records.
- The applicant will be accepted after the Interview with the admission committee.
4. BPharm Conditional Admission
Students are admitted conditionally when they graduated from other countries and need to get the equivalency certificate for final admission.