Transfer from other Colleges
Recognition of Prior Learning / Transfer Admission
The College also welcomes applications from candidates studying with other educational institutions in Diploma in Pharmacy/BPharm programs/Science/Dentist/Medicine who wish to transfer to DPCG. It may be possible to grant exemption from earlier part of the degree course in recognition of a candidate’s success in her previous course of study.
The following are the necessary conditions for transfer to the DPCG:
- Dubai Pharmacy College for Girls (DPCG) accepts transfer of students from accredited College with a curriculum that is comparable to that offered at DPCG.
- The student must provide a letter of application to the Dean of the College specifying reason (s) for requesting transfer and desired date of transfer.
- Dubai Pharmacy College requires applicants to submit their transcripts for evaluation of transferable subjects /teaching hours from previous College experiences.
- No student who has been dismissed from any institute will be eligible for transfer to DPCG.
- All applicants must provide conduct certificates from the institute where they are currently enrolled.
- Student applying for transfer to DPCG must study more than 60% of the syllabus of B. Pharm at DPCG.
- All applicants should contact the Dean’s office to inquire about having their transcripts reviewed.
- The final decision for approval of transfer will be made by the Dean after review of the transfer request by the Chief Academic Officer of the College.
- Transfer of students is not allowed after second year.
- Before considering any application for transfer, existence of an appropriate seat for the student should be considered.
The faculty member should equate the transferred students in the Course Equivalency Form for Transfer Students.
Transfer admission policies for BPharm
- Students must meet the English language proficiency requirements as set by the Ministry of Higher Education- Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
- The student transferring from another accredited college must be in a good academic standing (a minimum CGPA of 2.0, C grade, on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
- Before attending Dubai Pharmacy College, attested records from the previous College and higher secondary school should be submitted to Head Enrollment and Records